We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch

Any suggestions for Easter Sunday brunch in April. We are traveling with 14 year old daughter.

Tavern On the Green wanted credit card now and could not cancel (four days ahead) without being charged. I do not recall their food being fabulous. Would love suggestions. Staying around 55th and Madison. Thank you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch

An alternative to TOTG is the Boat House. Less $$ and not quite so touristy. Still in Central Park.

Closer to your hotel but on the other side of Fifth Ave (so you have to walk through the Easter Parade), the Beacon, Town and Brasserie 8 1/2 (buffet) are other ideas. Aquavit is right near your hotel as is Lever House (don't know if they'll be open). They probably do a festive brunch at the Waldorf which is also near your hotel.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch

Thank you.Any other suggestions welcome. Especially with 14 year old.

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Brunch

The Carlyle do good Sunday brunch - 76th & Madison

London
Level Contributor
392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch

I second nywhiz's Loeb Boathouse recommendation. We did this on our wedding anniversary and it was a really great meal. I loved the buzz in the bar as we waited for our table, food was lovely, view stunning and waiters very friendly. We're so eating here again on a future NY trip.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch

Thank you. I booked the Boat House. Looks pretty. "Menu pages" criticized the food, but location looks convenient and will be fun to show her the park. We used to live in NYC. They were pleasant on the phone too.