We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

I'm keen to see Anything Goes when I visit in March, but am not sure when's the best time to get my ticket.

I've bought Broadway tickets well in advance before, without going the discount route, to make sure I see the show I want, but as a solo traveller, needing only a single ticket, have wondered whether I might get a discounted ticket nearer the performance time, either online before I travel, or at the TKTs booth.

Broadway Box are offering discounts up to the end of February, so presumably in a few weeks, discounts might be available for when I'm in NY. How difficult is it to get tickets for this show? Grateful for any advice from Broadway regulars on here.

I'm also interested in seeing Porgy and Bess, so any advice on that show would also be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

We saw this play in October and got our tickets on the same day of the play. However, we bought them at the box office which meant we paid full price. Hopefully by answering your question, thus bumping up this thread, someone with more info on discount tickets will see this and respond.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

We were just in NY and saw the show about 3 weeks ago... We purchased our tickets for 1/2 price from the discount ticket ctr that is located near seaport village on the day of the show. No lines.. You can also buy them at the ticket center located in times square but there is always a long line there. Great seats for $75.00 ea.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

There is a current discount through March 18 (excluding Fri & Sat eve) available through the Seasons of Savings program. Follow the link from their website:

http://seasonofsavings.com/

Or go directly to the Telecharge site for discounts and enter the code "SAVE21".

www.broadwayoffers.com

Chances are good the discounts will be extended beyond Mar 18. Chances are also very good you could obtain tickets at TKTS, if you have the time. The good news is that two of the leads, Joel Grey and Sutton Foster, have extended their stay with the show through the end of April.

Edited: 04 January 2012, 01:40
Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll try the links provided ( I leave the city on 18th) and will have the booths as a fallback.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

It's hard to offer advice "today" on Porgy and Bess. For me, it's not a must see, because it's a revival and I've seen Audra McDonald live a few times. But if it's a must for you, I'd consider paying list price or close to it. I'd guess that it will sell well for a month or two, and then be at the TKTS booth on slow weeknights like Tuesday. But that's a WILD GUESS.

Here's a Porgy and Bess Ticketmaster discount, expiring 2/26/12, from a paper mailer I got, PBDML1 . I haven't tried it myself, but it might help someone coming earlier than you. You could even see if it works for March. "... may be revoked or modified at any time."

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

Mailer arrived 1/5/12: 50% Off Weeknights this winter [less off on Weekends], Anything Goes, Jan 3-Feb 29 Only, BroadwayOffers dot com code AGDM1230

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

Thanks for the heads up. I got that one too.I'm looking for 15/16 March, so shouldn't be long before an alert comes through for those dates.

8. Re: Anything Goes tickets - when to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:18