We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buget Hotel for one, private room.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buget Hotel for one, private room.

I've looked around and the cheapest I can find is the Jane Hotel in the Village..

It's quoting me £255 for 5 nights which is good, but it's a little out of the way from where I want to be (Madison Square Garden and Times Sqaure area).

Anyone know of any real cheap places with private rooms closer?

I'm on a budget of around £250 for 5 nights!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

thats less than $80 a night.

you are looking at a hostel really

what are your dates?

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

You're lucky to get the Jane with such a small budget so I would take that rate if I were you. You're not going to get anything in the areas you mentioned for less than that. The subway runs all the time... :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,469 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

The Jane is in a much more interesting area than either of the two you mention - for that price, you should grab it.

You can be at Times Square quickly via subway.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

I'm planning to go Feb 2nd-7th.

What about the Americanna Inn? Quoting me $400 for 5 nights. Better location than the Jane.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,955 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

Do you realize the Jane has shared bathrooms? If that's ok with you, you might try the YMCA Vanderbilt or YMCA Westside, both more central and both with private rooms. Y!our other option is to try bidding on Priceline. If you're coming at between now ans end of March, you might get a bargain.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

The Jane Hotel is about 1/2 mile (3/4 km) from the 14th Street/8th Avenue subway station - about 10-15 minutes by foot, then a short subway ride to the Garden or Times Square.

If the price you got from the Jane includes tax that comes to about $65+tax/night which is a very good price for a hotel in Manhattan

If the price from the hotel does not include tax than the cost will be about 305 pounds. That's still a very good price for the area.

Once here you can get a one week subway/bus pass for $29 so your transport costs won't be to bad.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

I'm basically coming over to watch NBA games at MSG and the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. I'm seeing games 4 of the 5 nights. In the day I plan to be out seeing the sights. Although doing that in February might kill me weather wise?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,955 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

The Americana Inn gets surprisingly good reviews here, the worst complaining of noise, or looks like dorm room or maids walking in on do not distrurb signs.

I'm frankly surprised at how many good low price options show up for your dates on kayak.com. You could get a room with private bathroom and I think free breakfast at the Quality Inn in Long Island City.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

Um, tough. The Jane still looks the best to me..

Another question, am I insane to visit NY in February? I have things to do in the evening that are indoors (NBA games), but is it realistic to be able to do the following things in February in the cold?

- Staten Island Ferry to see the SOL and Brooklyn Bridge.

- Ground Zero 9/11 memorial

- Times Square area

- Rockerfeller Centre

- Empire State Building

- Central Park

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Buget Hotel for one, private room.

Hotel Pennsylvania right next to MSG is coming up at £320. Might just pay the extra to stay in a decent hotel in prime location.

Seems worth it for £70 more..

Thoughts?