We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel has best window views?

ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel has best window views?

Hi

Just wondered which hotel would have the nicest views from the rooms windows. I dont want to look directly across to another buiding or church.

Many thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

what view do you want then?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

The Millenium UN Plaza Hotel has guaranteed great views as guest rooms don't start until the 28th floor. Their "plus" rooms (standard plus king, superior plus king, etc.) are larger corner rooms with views in 2 directions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

I have stayed in the Millenium UN and basingstoke is correct. The views are breathtaking and my friends were in total awe.

That being said, I think the Plaza which overlooks Central Park has great views but that would probably be out of your budget... Post your days, budget, and what you want a view of and we can make suggestions accordingly. Also note, a phone call a few months prior to your arrival with a polite request for a good view will do wonders. We do this will all of our hotels and we always get nice views.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

The rooms at the Mandarin Oriental should also have stellar views, since the guest rooms don't start until the 20-30 something floor (don't recall the exact floor, sorry) and offer views of either Central Park or the Hudson River.

There's also Ink48 on 11th Avenue, which directly faces the Hudson River. They also have a very cool rooftop bar, if you're into that sort of thing.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

Some of the five stars (Mandarin Oriental, Ritz, Four Seasons) have amazing views. I only know this from reading glossy magazines.

The Quality Inn in LIC was far more of my budget - and that had a view of the Chrysler Building. Way in the distance past industrial wastelands, a taxi storage spot and an elavated Subway track. But, still, it was a view.

In a previous visit - the much more expensive Fitzpatrick Grand Central had a view of an internal air vent.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

The Four Seasons, the Madarin Oriental - any of the Central Park South hotels. Waldorf Towers.

Funny thing about the Millenium UN Plaza. When they built it, it cut off my (very rich friend) Adhem's panoramic view of downtown - so he used to stand naked in his windows and put on shows for hotel guests.

suitcaseready.com

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,778 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

The Excelsior Hotel has some rooms with a view overlooking the park around the Museum of Natural History. Beyond that is central park, which you actually can't see, but you can see the open space above it. You can specifically book those rooms (at a higher price, of course). It's a nice hotel and prices are reasonable. Upper West Side.

barnsley
Level Contributor
38 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

just stayed at the new yorker,two rooms for our family both with views of the E S B ,you have to ask was on floor 29 .

ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check them all out.!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel has best window views?

We stayed at the Affinia Shelburne and got fantastic views of the Empire State Building, beautiful at night all lit up, from our room , ( on one of the higher floors ) bonus is that it is alot cheaper than some hotels with no views at all.