We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family on a budget

Abita Springs,LA
Level Contributor
30 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Family on a budget

Looking for a hotel with kitchenette or free breakfast & 2 queen beds for family of 4 in late may or early June for $200-$250 a night if possible. Midtown ,upper west side preferred. Not fancy, just clean.

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family on a budget

Early June is the high season. Graduations plus tourists visiting. Have you looked at B&B's? They may be a little cheaper than a hotel. And you might see if you can find anything in Brooklyn. I stayed at the Downtown Sheraton in August and got a great deal via Priceline. Good luck!

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family on a budget

That's going to be a challenge I think. I know you mentioned staying in Manhattan, and this place is in Brooklyn, but I thought I'd recommend it only because our Belgian friends and their children (2 adults, 3 teenagers) stayed here and said it was GREAT and that the owner was amazing, friendly and helpful. It's Eve's Bed & Breakfast. It will take you about 25 min to get to Midtown from here...but you can't beat the rate! $295 per night ($195 for 2 adults, plus $50 per child) , BUT they offer family discounts!! They said they loved having their own private apartment with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, (yes, the furniture is a bit...shall we say...."old lady-ish?) yet still getting a wonderful breakfast each morning from the proprietor. They said the beds were comfy and the place was spotlessly clean.

Maybe this place might be an option...

http://evesplacebnb.com/home/home.aspx

3. Re: Family on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 00:05
Cornwall
Level Contributor
123 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family on a budget

We've just booked Holiday Inn Long Island City Manhattan View, for a family of three. Very close to subway, near manhattan. Not sure if they take 4 per room but worth checking out. The hotel has great reviews on TA..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family on a budget

Try Hampton Inns and AppleCore Hotels.... they are not fancy but have rooms with either 2 queen or 2 doubles, serve breakfast and are nice and clean.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family on a budget

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites which is on W40th Street. It's close to TS but far enough away to be pretty quiet ;-)

It has a free breakfast and kitchenette and I thought the rooms were clean and fairly modern. They are close to Restaurant Row as well which is handy.

I did a quick check of their rates for end of May and it shows $236 p/n for 2 double beds.

ichotelsgroup.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/ne…

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,619 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family on a budget

2 doubles(queens more expensive) and don't know your exact dates but the Milburn would fit your budget with bkfst/kitchen/ and a great UWS location.

http://www.milburnhotel.com/

8. Re: Family on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2013, 10:17