We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

Hello all!

My partner and I are coming to NY for five nights in early March. I am very excited about this trip as I have always wanted to visit NY. We are looking for a really nice five star hotel. We tend to prefer modern to traditional hotels and it's important that the rooms are not cramped. My thoughts are that I would prefer to be located close to Central Park, but we are willing to consider any hotel that fits the above description. We would prefer to avoid the characterless chains. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks,

Rachel

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,696 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

Expedia has some good sales on 5 star hotels in early March that are well under your budget. I'm sure the other booking sites do as well. Several are stay 3 (or 4) nights and get 30% off, etc. Your exact dates will be a determining factor, as prices fluctuate.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

You might want to check to Hudson Hotel or perhaps Thompson 6 Columbus Circle. They are maye 4 star, but quite trendy, modern, hip, pretty near Central Park.

More affordable. Don't know about size of rooms ,tho.

Hudson looks bland from outside and much more pizazz inside, btw Thompson has also luxury suites, don't know price

http://www.hudsonhotel.com/en-us/#/home/

www.thompsonhotels.com/hotels/nyc/6-columbus

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

How about The Bryant Park Hotel? We stayed in a Bryant Park suite and it was just lovely..:)

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

You may want to look into the all-suites London Hotel (thelondonnyc.com). Their Vista Suites will be within your budget in March and you will find these to be spacious with contemporary decor and spectacular views. The hotel is also very close to Central Park.

ny
Level Contributor
288 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

Trump international suites are nice but the park view rooms are expensive/mandarin Oriental is beautiful but expensive,

We have stayed at the trump soho and thieir one bedroom suites are amazing.They have specials on their website and NYluxuryhotels.com has great rates for most NYC hotels.

TS is right near two great subway lines.

I also like Waldorf Towers and sometimes great rates for thier suites can be found-not modern but updated.

We also stayed at the Setai and loved it but the location was blah although that really did not matter.It was very convenient to midtown and downtown

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

we just stayed in a corner suite at the trump soho for our honeymoon, i couldn't give it a higher praise. Though its not near central park i much preferred its location to uptown areas. the shops and restaurants were great and the subway right on the corner. amazing view over the city luxury rooms and we felt like there only guests which is a nice change. staff were so lovely and helpful and the room was a pleasure to come back to. we paid just over $500 a night for a standard city view room, on arrival they offered us a discounted rate to upgrade to the corner suite with floor to ceiling glass and views in every direction. it ended up costing high $600's per night. well worth it to wake up in a huge soft bed with a lounge room and huge bathroom next door, click a button and watch the NYC skyline appear all around me! as mentioned above GREAT location for us. I hope other people have a good an experience as we did. I am not sure of its actual rating but we loved it.

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

Thank you so much for all of your great suggestions!

I will take a look and come back with any questions. Given I've never been to NY before I'm more than happy to look at areas other than Central Park. The Trump Soho does sound good!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

Just look at the photos, and reviews of Trump SOHO and you will see why. It really has all the bells & whistles, plus right next to what I consider the most fun area of NYC - the Village & SOHO, hands down!!! Plus the subway is so easy from lower manhattan (more compact), so little walking to get to whichever subway line you need to get anywhere. Can't say that about Surrey Hotel, which adjacent to the best of Central Park, is a few very long blocks over to Lexington Av for the east side #6 train only @ E 77th & Lex.

New York
Level Contributor
587 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

You might want to look at Empire Hotel (right across the street from Lincoln Center and 1 block (or 2) West of Central Park -- hey! they do film Gossip Girl there (or at least the outside). :-)

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Modern 5* luxury hotel close to Central Park required

After all that, I think we are going to plump for the Pierre, which doesn't really fit my request for a modern hotel, but looks absolutely fab! Many thanks everyone. I will post a review when we get back.