We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Guardia to Penn Station

USA
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
La Guardia to Penn Station

What is the best way to get from La Guardia to Penn Station (and how much does a taxi cost)? I wasn't thinking in my earlier post. I need to get from la Guardia to NJ Transit train, which I could get in Penn Station. Thanks so much.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Guardia to Penn Station

What's your definition of best? Fastest, easiest, or cheapest?

A taxi will be on the meter, so the exact fare will depend on traffic. I expect the toll would be between $25 and $30, before any tolls and the tip.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Guardia to Penn Station

Hey etravel_10:-) You may also want to check out a car service like Carmel or Dial7 who will give you a flat rate..regardless of traffic.. which can add on to a taxi meter rate if you get stuck in traffic..especially rush hours;-) Have fun..and EnjOY!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Guardia to Penn Station

nyccabfare.com

will estimate the cost and you can even pick the correct day of the week and time of day. The taxi fare is $25-35 depending on traffic. There's a toll of $5 and you tip the driver 15-20% of the base fare. Using a car service you get a fixed rate regardless of traffic but you still pay toll and tip.

4. Re: La Guardia to Penn Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2013, 10:20