We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestion for May

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel suggestion for May

Hi everyone

Thanks to those responding to my last post re travelling from Newark airport, I am now changing hotels! I need suggestions for where to stay in May for 5 nights, 21st-25th for two people. Preferably twin beds but no probs if we have to share. Ideally looking for a budget of £70-80 per room per night. We are flying in and out of Newark.

Thanks xx

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
222 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestion for May

We got a good rate at the travel inn,two double beds. 42nd street is a good location.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel suggestion for May

That is not even 130 dollars, not sure you are going to find something in Manhattan for that price that is someplace you want to stay.

Travel Inn rate is over 200 dollars.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel suggestion for May

whats peoples views on Holiday Inn - Long Island City - Manhattan View

3905 29th Street Long Island City, 11101

This will be about $630 for the 2 of us for 5 nights

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel suggestion for May

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48080-d1139055…

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel suggestion for May

great, thanks!

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel suggestion for May

Can't speak for the hotel specifically, but you will be MUCH better off transportation wise because you are about two blocks from a subway stop. This will make it easy to get into Manhattan and back to the hotel at any time of day or night. You can each get a 7-Day Unlimited Metro Card for only $29 each and not have to worry about additional transportation costs as long as you use the subway and MTA buses. Look up the address on Google Maps and use the Street View option to see the area around the hotel.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel suggestion for May

As I noted on your other thread, May 21 to may 25 is FOUR nights, not five. How many nights are you staying? (Or better yet, what day do you arrive, and what day to you leave?)

Also note that pounds sterling have not been the currency used in New York City since 1783. Sincethe hotels you are interested in charge in dollars, and since the people whom you are asking only use dollars, you will get better help if you do not make those who would otherwise be happy to assist you convert everything into an unfamiliar foreign currency.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 19:59
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel suggestion for May

It is 5 nights if you count the 25th as last night, not as checkout day.

And where did you find that rate of 630 for 5 night, since their official site quotes anywhere frrom 858 for a king to 1023 for 2 queen beds.

Those rates included taxes, which yours may not.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 20:03
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel suggestion for May

Guess one post is clearer than the other, so it is 4 nights. And since I seemed to have been confused too, the rates I quoted above are for 4 nights after all. So still big difference between your 600 something and those.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 20:08
bristol uk
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel suggestion for May

I don't know if you are sorted out yet but you may wish to look at the Skyline Hotel in Manhatten - I e-mailed them for our trip in August, 6 nights, and they got back to me very quickly with a good rate I have booked two rooms.I don't know if May is more or less expensiive than August.