We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roads

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
roads

have not really noticed this in the past.

But some of the roads in NYC are in a very bad condition seen quite a few people fall over, must cost a fortune in claims.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,291 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: roads

You've seen people fall over from bad roads? Why are people in the roads in the first place?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: roads

This isn't Bugtussle - people walk on sidewalks - and upright as well!!!!!!!!!

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roads

anbrcama.com/contents/factsandfigures/011020…

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,291 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: roads

But what do bad roads have to do with people falling over? People don't walk in roads. (And that New York listing is the state, not the city.)

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: roads

Streets?

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: roads

Sorry did i touch a nerve,

i said the roads are and sidewalks are, we have to walk across the roads dont we to get to places and the sidewalks are poor.

Outside the bus staition on 9th there are at least 3 levels,

Hey we have them here in the uk dont get touchy.

We had 4000 in blackburn lancashire lol beatles song

Edited: 09 February 2012, 15:55
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,291 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: roads

Who's touchy? I just can't understand what you're saying. What do you mean by three levels? Beatles song? What?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: roads

"i said the roads are and sidewalks are"

No you didn't. You only said roads

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: roads

New York is one of the most walkable cities in the world. It has wide sidewalks on both sides of every single street. It also has clearly marked pedestrian wakways at intersections, electronic "walk/don't walk signals" also at every single intersection, and pedestrians have priority over cars at those intersections. Yes, cars do wait for pedestrians to cross.

As a result more people walk to go to work, shop, or go out in New York than anywhere else. (Yes it always puzzles new yorkers to find out that europeans who live in large cities drive their cars to work. This is almost unheard of in New York.)

Not sure what you mean by bad sidewalks and bad roads. Never heard of anyone falling for that reason. Seems very strange.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,234 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: roads

You didnt touch a nerve. I tripped in a pothole in Paris, but didnt feel the need to make illegible statements on the Paris forum, then blame people if they couldnt understand what I was saying.

We have potholes here - they're supposedly caused by trucks in the winter. They get filled in and then they're gone. There was a huge one in the crosswalk of 22nd street and 8th Ave. This is why people who live in cities tend to scan the sidewalk ahead of them, instead of gazing up at the sky.

suitcaseready.com

Edited: 09 February 2012, 16:15