We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help Please

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help Please

Morning all,

We recently booked at the East Village Bed & Coffee for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon for $140 a night. Had some friends who stayed there and it came highly recommended. However, we received an email the other day saying that it may have to close due to legislation (there is another post on this somewhere on this forum if anyone is interested).

Anyhow, I'm now in the process of looking for other accommodation as we are thinking of cancelling our stay at the EVB&C. It would be great if anyone could help us out with any suggestions.

Dates are arriving 5th September and leaving on the 12th. The EVB&C was very cheap and I understand that I will struggle to find anything for this price, so I guess our price range will be between $140 and $180 a night (however we will consider paying more if nothing is coming up).

Lastly, we don't have a particular area we want to stay in. Been looking a lot at the East Village, but I think we just want to avoid staying right in Times Square.

I know I've rambled a lot, so thanks for reading this and any help would be great!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help Please

Hi,

I travel to NYC regularly in September, and can honestly tell you that your budget is just too low for Manhattan. The cheapest of legal places normally go for about $200 per night.

The Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City is coming up at $127.50 before tax.

Aloft Brooklyn is available on a prepaid rate for $201 before tax.

You're just not going to get a hotel for that kind of cheap money, as September is an expensive month. The other option is that you look on airbnb for a "Private Room" which means you will have your own room in someones apartment. They'll be living there too, (and probably working), and these work out as a cheap alternative, with many rooms available for less than $150 a night.

M

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help Please

Cheers M, just looking on Airbnb now. Looks like that could be quite a good option.

I noticed that it is quite expensive in September. Any particular reason?

So I understand that I will have to go a bit more than our original budget. Can you recommend any hotels for around $200 a night then?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,247 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help Please

July and August are vacation times for many Americans because our kids are out of school. Once september rolls aroudn business picks up again and business travel picks up. Plus the weather is nice in September and it is just a busier time in business hubs. (You'll find the same in Boston and I suspect other US cities, too.)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help Please

I don't know if the Canal Park Inn will be subject to the same problem, but they have a room for $179/night plus tax. It's in Tribeca

http://www.thecanalparkinn.com/home.asp

Great reviews

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1995585…

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help Please

Since you are upping your budget to @200- I would actually "e-mail" Chelsea Pines-

reservations@chelseapinesinn.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d122020-…

Let them know your budget and that they were recommended as an option on Tripadvisor

and the New Yorker-

reservations@nyhotel.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d122005-…

They have a tripadvisor special of $149 that is only good until April (code- LK64) while the deal doesn't cover your dates maybe they have another special or can offer something in your price range for Sept.

Good Luck, and let us know if you don't find something.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help Please

Thanks for your replies. I'll drop them hotels an email and keep my eyes out for any offers.

Thanks again

7. Re: Hotel Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:36