We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

I have out of town visitors coming who want to go see the St. Patrick's day festivities in NYC..where's a good place to watch the parade and what's a good Irish bar to take them too? Preferably the irish bar would also be good for the parade so we can have beers while we watch... Thanks!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

The parade is on Fifth ave. There aren't any casual bars on Fifth ave and you can't drink in the street. I like watching toward the end of the parade near the Metropolitan Museum (81 st). There's an Irish club nearby so the bands generally stop to play.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

When we went to the parade a few years ago - we stopped in Maggie's Place on 47th Street for food and a couple of pints......

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

Thanks!

Boston area
Level Contributor
70 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

Hi, did you go to the parade this year? Did the bands perform at that spot? We were at 59th street and only heard one brass band. How crowded is the area near 81st street?

We had a nice time but I felt like I missed out on some great music.

5. Re: St Patrick's day - Parade & bar recco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 10:18