We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

We're thinking of going to a ball game at the Yankee Stadium with our 2 young children, and wonder how easy it is to get there from the Central Park area. We haven't chosen a hotel for our trip yet as we thought we'd chose accommodation based on where offers the best transport links to the areas we wish to visit, but it's likely to be towards Uptown. Thank you!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

Extremely easy...line 4 stops in front and all you have to do is follow the others ^_^

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/subwaymap.pdf

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,799 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

There's no such thing as the "Central Park Area." You can't stay in the park! If you want to stay uptown, which is fine, you can stay on either the Upper East Side or the Upper West Side. Both have good subway access to Yankee Stadium.

Flintstone, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

It's no problem at all, just take the subway(4, B, or D train) up to 161st. You'll then be right beside Yankee Stadium.

Flintstone, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

It's no problem at all, just take the subway(4, B, or D train) up to 161st. You'll then be right beside Yankee Stadium.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

Yankee Stadium is extremely easy to reach on the subway.

There are plenty of hotels near Central Park and all are within a reasonable walk to the B (weekday PM rush hour) / D (non rush hour and weekends) or the 4 train.

The trains are packed and you don't have to worry about safety. I've taken the 4 train home from Yankee Stadium at 2:00AM and the only difficulty is getting on because the trains are so crowded.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

if you use stubhub.com youll get the tikcets before you leave

North Babylon, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

How is the subway ride to the stadium?? Overcrowded?? Have some friends from europe and gonna take em to game tomorrow night. Trying to decide between driving, wich i've done in the past, or take the subway for first time

West Bromwich...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

Im staying at the Intercontinental Barclay which is just 10 mins walk from C.P and going to a Yankees game on Fri 31st against the Orioles so this question and the answers have been very usful for me, thankyou

Edited: 13 August 2012, 23:51
West Bromwich...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

Just to add a question, say from Lexington Ave what would the fare cost be?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,899 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manhattan to Yankee Stadium: how easy to get to?

I found the ride TO the game not too crowded because everyone goes at a different time, but the ride FROM the game was like the lemmings heading for the cliff. I miraculously got a seat but if you were standing you didn't have to worry about tipping over :)