We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

Auckland
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

Hi, does anyone know if the Marriott Lounge still offers the dessert and cheese buffet or do you have to to the full buffet now? The website is not clear... Also does anyone know how much it costs? Thanks

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

When you go to the web site click on Lounge then click on Menus (they don't show prices) and it shows they still offer it.

http://theviewnyc.com/

Since I am local I put in a call- The Full Buffet is $35 and the Dessert Buffet is $19USD. Both require that you also purchase at least one drink.

Enjoy!

Edited: 22 February 2012, 18:46
Auckland
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

Thanks very much!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

They also did have a cover charge (not minimum) in the evenings but not sure if they still have that. I would check that out first.

Staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

would you need to book/reserve a table for the buffet??

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

We didn't reserve but there were plenty of tables that night. I wouldn't really recommend it for the food though - mediocre and overpriced. Drinks were nice though.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

I went week before last - there was no cover charge, just the 1 drink per person minimum, which I consider fair. The prices for coffee, tea or water were very reasonable, the prices for cocktails were the usual slightly overpriced. I think I had a $12 virgin cocktail. My daughter and I was happy with the dessert and cheese, I think it was a better value than the full buffet.

We didn't reserve, we didn't even remember what the View was until we got there. I happened to have a Marriott card that I had got from Mypoints. After the theater on Friday night we said oh well, let's go to the bar at the Marquis, and that's how it turned out.

7. Re: The View Lounge dessert and cheese buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2013, 10:18