We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Sister Birthday

Buenos Aires
10 posts
Save Topic
My Sister Birthday

Hi, my sisters birthday is coming up and i want to surprise her big time. As im from Argentina and we will be in New York for her 15 birthday i need to ask for some locals ideas, mine was a message on a Times Square screen, but im not sure thats even possible. Anyone has any ideas like that? Thanks

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: My Sister Birthday

FOR THE MESSAGE -

It is best to go into the Hershey's Store in Times Square (It is only $5usd) then they put it on repeat with several other messages for 15 mins-so you are sure to catch it.

You could have her wait outside (there is a seating area) or have her look around inside the store while you order it- but it has to be done from inside the store the same day (you just go to the middle of the store by the staircase to order it- somepeople record it and put it on youtube too just so the memory last longer).

www.hersheys.com/visit-us/times-square.aspx

Have Fun!

Edited: 28 February 2012, 19:00
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: My Sister Birthday

Yes, I previously called the store for a person posting on Tripadvisor who wanted to pre-order the marquis message. It cannot be done. You must go to the store to order it.

Buenos Aires
10 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: My Sister Birthday

ok, thank you. Im getting the idea of the entire day. Do you know how can i rent a limousine? i heard its not as expensive as one might think. Can i rent for an hour? if anyone knows any limo service please tell me about it. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: My Sister Birthday

the good companies ARE expensive such as all state or strussers

Edited: 01 March 2012, 13:31
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: My Sister Birthday

strusserslimousineservice.com/hourly-events.…

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: My Sister Birthday

Great suggestion LMV! I wish I had this information a week ago as I planned the Girl Scout weekend! It just proves that this forum is so helpful if one just posts!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: My Sister Birthday

I try to help all - including AA pilots visiting my home town! ;-)

I also e mailed strussers and received a reply within a hr - impressive!!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: My Sister Birthday

You are indeed internationally helpful to my gang!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: My Sister Birthday

lol

thanks!!

20. Re: My Sister Birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:40