(Sorry this got long. I'm verbose. :P)
Hi, all. I've spent more time than I care to think about wading through various restaurant reviews here and on other sites, and am feeling rather overwhelmed with choices while not quite being sure if any of them fit what I'm looking for. :)
My mother and I are taking my 10-year-old niece to NYC this spring. She's a very poised young lady, and my mother wants to treat her to at least one place that would have a "grown-up" vibe. For reference, she's specifically picturing a restaurant we ate at many years ago (name & location unfortunately forgotten) that had a very... modern/metropolitan vibe is the best way I can describe it. Lots of glass and shiny surfaces, high ceilings, that sort of thing.
The tricky part is - while my niece is mature for her age in behavior, I'm not confident that her palate is quite adventurous enough for many of the restaurants I've found that seem to fit the ambiance side of things.
So, what I'm looking for:
- Ambiance that would give a "fine dining" sort of vibe
- A menu that has some fairly straightforward "meat and potato" style options or a "kids" menu (Though I hate the idea of taking her to a fancy restaurant in NYC and getting her chicken fingers. :P )
- Not wildly inappropriate to even think of taking a ten-year-old to
- Price range at, say, $30-$60/adult.
- We're staying on Times Square, so theater district would be ideal, but definitely not a must-have.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated to help me zero in on a short-list to offer my mom to choose from. :)