We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

Hello from Australia!

First, please let me thank all those on the forum for your wonderful advice.

I have been planning out "trip of a lifetime" to New York for over a year, and have regularly watched for all the advice and tips. It has made such a difference to my planning, so thank you!

My husband and I will be travelling to New York for 10 days in October.

We would love to see "How to Succeed in Business." I understand that the current ticket run finishes in July, but on some sites I have noticed it is listed as "open run." Is it likely that there will be tickets available beyond July, and if so, when would they be avilable?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

Yes, tickets will be available after July. Rumors have it that Darren Criss is coming back to the production to take over the lead from the Jonas brother.I would just check in every few weeks or so. It is a popular show but it is unlikely that your dates will sell out in a few weeks time.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

I just saw it last week. Currently you can only buy tickets through July, my guess is though that the producers hope to extend it after that.

That said, I don't fully understand the vagaries of the Broadway business. Some shows that seem to still be selling a majority of their tickets every night close while others seem to hang on at lower capacities...

If I were you, I would just keep a close eye on Telecharge, the official ticket seller for How to Succeed. I'm sure if/when the show is extended they will open up ticket sales. As noted in my trip report, I managed to get a 3rd row middle orchestra seat for 40% off the day of the performance from the TKTS booth.

new york
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

The theater business can be tough to figure out. Each show has a weekly "nut" or operating cost that they must meet just to break even. Shows that are high tech, have large casts or large bands will have higher costs. Also, some shows sell a higher percentage of tickets but they sell them at such as discount that they don't make money. Also, if they don't make xxx amount, the theater can kick them out and bring in a new show.

I have heard that if Darren Criss doesn't return this summer, then it may close by the fall but it is way too soon to know. Like others said, check every few weeks to see if more tickets go on sale.

4. Re: Open Run for How to Succeed in Business?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:16