We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triple room in NYC

73m
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Triple room in NYC

Looking for a triple share with 3 beds but most seem to have a queen+ single etc.

Anyone know of a hotel with this? Looking for 2-4 star standard. Location- close to the usual tourist stuff would be nice but maybe we can't be fussy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Triple room in NYC

Have you seen the Wolcott it has a triple room , with 2 single beds in one room and one single bed in another room.

it is located at 4 west 31st , just off 5th ave , easy walking distance to Empire State Building , Macys and Times Square.

http://www.wolcott.com/roomsmain.html

73m
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Triple room in NYC

Thanks for taking time to reply. Room looks great but when I typed in my dates it only offered me 2 queen rooms :(

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Triple room in NYC

The Comfort Inn Chelsea is very basic but has some rooms with 3 single beds.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york-new_york-NY329/Hotel-Photos?sid=xIpUrg.ioFT9gEx0g.18&&sarea=55006&sname=Chelsea+%28Manhattan%29%2CNY%2CUS&slon=-73.999641&slat=40.743546&schain=CI&scountry=US&sstate=NY&type=&sradius=40.23&sstate_country=&scity=&nadult=1&nchild=0&map=n

Otherwise, a suite hotel with 2 beds and a sofabed in another idea like

affinia.com

radiocityapartments.com

nycsalisbury.com

The Tryp has some rooms with 2 queens and sofabed and also with bunkbeds.

tryphotels.com/en/…

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Triple room in NYC

One IMPORTANT note: In the hotel industry a "triple" room denotes a room that sleeps 3, a "double" sleeps two. Unless specifically mentioned the number of beds could be 1 or 2 for a double. Sometimes a room is listed as a "twin" which GENERALLY means 2 twin beds.

So if you need a room with three beds specify it with the hotel. If you book thru any third party - a Travel Agent, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc. CONFIRM with the hotel. Sometimes information is "lost" between the third party and the hotel. When you arrive the hotel will try to correct the problem (or at least they should) but sometimes it is impossible. IE, I don't have any rooms with 3 beds at my hotel, there is really nothing I can do to get all of you into one room with 3 separate beds.

I'd expand this to say always confirm any special requirements with the property in question. While a phone call from Europe might be expensive, it is really cheap considering the total cost of your trip.

73m
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Triple room in NYC

thank you to all of you for your very useful information. have tentatively booked the Salisbury which seems to fit our requirements. Will definitely confirm the 3 bed thing- none of us will be very impressed if we have to share a bed :)

6. Re: Triple room in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:16