We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The View Restaurant & lounge question

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
The View Restaurant & lounge question

OK, I have some confusion on this whole The View place. So I am under the understanding that there is a cheese & dessert bar option. Do they require a reservation for this? Also, on the web site there is a 'Restaurant' and 'Lounge' option. Which is it? Are they both in the rotating part of the place? I THINK this occurs in the View LOUNGE, and not the restaurant, which online states does not need reservation. I just want to confirm that this is, indeed still the rotating part of the building? And that my assumptions are correct?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
142 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,121 Reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,018 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,130 Reviews
from US$57.00*
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The View Restaurant & lounge question

I have not looked at the website but in the past after 6pm there was also a cover charge in addition to what you ordered--- If you go to the View then it is the restaurant--- there is a lounge only on a lower floor which still has somewhat of a view but it is not the revolving part. Just understand that what you are paying for is "the view" as the food is overpriced and not very good. Not many locals would go there but it is fun once for tourists as long as you accept that you will be paying "tourist prices"

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The View Restaurant & lounge question

The View has multiple options. All revolve.

1. Formal dinner - reservations recommended.

2. Lounge - drinks and cocktails - no reservations (subject to evening cover charge).

3. Casual Dinner Buffet - On the same level as the cocktail lounge. No reservations. Prix fixe all you can eat.

4. Dessert Buffet - Right next to the Dinner Buffet, but can be ordered separately for a prix fixe.

I have gone here numerous times because it is a cool spot. But these are my truthful assessments: The formal dinner was lackluster. I did this just once several years ago as someone's guest. The food was very expensive and meh. They may have changed chefs now, don't know.

Dinner Buffet - Again I went as someone's guest and thought it was way overpriced for what I would call standard catering hall quality.

Dessert Buffet. Super crappy out of a box desserts and a chocolate fountain full of vegetable oil.

The Lounge for drinks. The mixed drinks are lousy - cheap booze, overly sweet and cheap mixers. And they are expensive. That said, this is my favorite way to experience The View. Go for a drink before 6 p.m. And get beer or wine.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The View Restaurant & lounge question

Was at the View a few weeks ago. You take the elevator up to the lounge/restaurant. The lounge is up a short flight of stairs from the restaurant. I'm pretty sure they both rotate.

We walked in on a Sunday night without reservations and there was plenty of room in the lounge. Once seated we were informed about the cheese and dessert buffets but opted just for drinks. We got there around 9pm and had to pay a cover charge.

4. Re: The View Restaurant & lounge question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:42