We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

Hello.

My wife and I are traveling for Amterdam to JFK to Fort Lauderdale.

We arrive at JFK T2 at 13:00 pm (KL6035) and our flight to Ft. Lauderdale leaves from T3 at 15.40 pm (KL7370). Do we have enough time to get throug emigrations, claim and recheck our baggage, get trough security and so on?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

2 hours 40 minutes should be ok, and as you're flying KLM/Delta codeshares, and you're on a single ticket, and T2 and T3 are interlinked, there should be no reason why you won't make it.

Unless your flight is late. Then however, as it is a single ticket with a connection then KLM/Delta will put you on the next available flight.

M

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

Thank you M4RKM :)

I see that i have written T2 and T3, when it actually is T3 and T4. Do you think we still have enough time?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

I personally would be more comfortable with a min of 3 hours. It all depends on how many planes land at same time and use same customs/immigration area. I've gotten thru in 20 min. and 2 hours.

4. Re: Connecting time at JFK (International - Domestic)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:41