We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

Chico, California
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

Hello-

I have a long layover at JFK and am considering traveling into Manhattan for the evening with my boyfriend. Is the subway a good option? Thanks!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

Is this the same layover you asked about recently?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5173879…

Chico, California
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

Yes!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

I think you will find the answers on that thread helpful.

The Top Questions section discusses how to get from the area airports to Manhattan. It is also asked almost hourly.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

For the 2 of you to take a cab it would be around $50. If you take the train it would be about $25 for the both of you. IMO I would spend the extra $25 but up to you.

If you decide to take the train you would take the airtrain from JFK to Jamaica station and then you could take the train from Jamaica to Penn Station.

It's very easy and there will be plenty of people around that you could ask for help.

Have a great time!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

IndyGeePee is mistaken. The cost of a taxi one way between JFK Airport and any place in Manhattan is a fixed fare that, when tolls and tip are added in, comes to $60. Meanwhile, the cost of two fares on the AirTrain to either Howard Beach or Jamaica, and then two fares on the subway, is $14.50. You can also take the Long Island Rail Road from Jamaica, but unless you are going to the area of Pennsylvania Station there is no need to do so, and you can just get the subway directly at Jamaica (the E train) or at Howard Beach (the A train.)

England
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

If cost isn't an issue, take a cab.

7. Re: Transportation from JFK to Manhattan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:15