We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Long Island City

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
161 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Long Island City

Booked our hotel (Country Inn & Suites) Long Island City and our flight is coming in via JFK - trying to figure out if there's a way to get to our hotel other than by cab. I tried to figure out if the AirTran was a possibility but got totally confused. Also not sure if there's a subway that we can catch or not. Its all so confusing. Can anyone help? Is the only way to get from JFK to our hotel in Long Island city only by cab or is there public transportation that would be less expensive that will come close to where we're staying?

staten island
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Long Island City

http://hopstop.com/search?xfr=header . you'll save a lot of money

staten island
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Long Island City

I thought the directions would come up. But anyway you can take the the airtrain to the subway. Plug in JFK and the address of the hotel in the above link.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,249 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Long Island City

Not hard at all.

Take the AirTrain to Jamaica, and there switch for the E train to Queens Plaza. The exit from the rear of the train will put you closest to the hotel. The hotel is four blocks down 41st Avenue.

The 7 train actually puts you closer, and is probably what you'll take to Manhattan daily. The Queensboro Plaza stop is at Crescent Street, just two blocks from the hotel. But you have to make an additional train switch (at 74th/Roosevelt) to get from the E the 7 from JFK.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Long Island City

Take the air train from JFK airport to Sutphin/Jamaica Station, then the E subway train towards downtown/World Trade Center and get off at Queens Plaza.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Long Island City

the hotel is a block and a half so around a 3 min walk from the subway

We took dial7 for around $55 all in which we were happy with

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Long Island City

I see someone posted detailed information just before my post. I was slow to click the send button.

While you're in New York, you can use either HopStop or Google Maps to find out how to get somewhere. If using google maps, click on "Get Directions" on the left-hand side of the screen and click on the bus icon for public transit directions. Put your start address in the A field and your destination in the B field. You can add as many destinations as you like by clicking on "add destination".

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
161 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to Long Island City

Thanks a bunch!!!! I was wondering if I'd be able to download an app for my phone that will help me navigate the subway system while in NYC. Glad to hear google maps will work. Never heard of HopStop. The subway can seem a little overwhelming for someone who's not use to it.

8. Re: JFK to Long Island City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:42