We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

Wife is being a good sport and going with me to Big East Basketball at MSG - so I would like to take her to a nice restaurant near there - but have no idea what is around. Anyt suggestions? No Sushi - other than that anything goes - would like to keep it under or near $150

Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

My neighborhood favorite (and I work around there) is Serge, a pleasant and comfortable French bistro on Madison Avenue at 33rd Street.

http://www.brasseriecafecreme.com/

Mentioned in this post
Madison Avenue
Madison Avenue
314 Reviews
New York City, NY
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

Keenes is excellent--only a block away 150 will be tight, but its really nice--if you skip wine/dessert you can pull it off--or maybe share a meal BTW Serge is a decent walk from MSG--maybe 20 minutes

Edited: 07 March 2012, 14:43
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

Biricchino - good Italian on 29th just east of 8th Avenue.

32nd street has a strip of excellent Korean places - some finer than others.

Lugo in 1 Penn Plaza - great Italian

Ayza - wine, chocolate bar with a full menu

If you dont mind walking 10 blocks, you have a lot more options in Chelsea. Highpoint on 7th just south of 23rd is excellent. El Quixote, which has been there 100 years on 23rd (7th-8th) has traditional Spanish food and lobster specials.

suitcaseready.com

Mentioned in this post
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,544 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

It does not take 20 minutes to walk the three blocks from Madison and 33rd to Seventh and 33rd, where MSG is. The average adult walking speed is 3 miles per hour. At that rate of speed, the walk should take under ten minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
266 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

I second Ayza. I just went there and loved it. Wine and Chocolate bar!

6. Re: Restaurant near Madison Square Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:40