We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway Tickets

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Broadway Tickets

Hello,

Approximately how much should I expect to pay for a ticket to one of the broadway shows if I go to a TKTS booth? I am not bothered about going to any specific show and will probably just choose whichever is the cheapest. Could you give me a estimation of how much it will cost?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway Tickets

It's a percentage off the ticket price, anywhere from 25-50% off, so it will vary from show to show. You could probably get something for $30 if you don't care what.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway Tickets

$30 would not be a Broadway show--it would be off-Broadway. Now, some off-Broadway shows are physically in the Broadway area ( the theatre size, not location determines the designation) BUT others are all over the city. It is important to make sure you know where the venue is, before buying a ticket. TKTS also adds a small surcharge to the ticket price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway Tickets

Also have a look at www.broadwaybox.com they also have similar discounts on several broadway shows and other attractions around New York,

you can purchase from home and print them out before you leave, no need to waste valuable holiday time standing in a queue

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
299 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway Tickets

You can find some shows for $30.

If you check on each shows' website, you can also find some special deals for students or late arriving that might be worth it as well (around $20).

Not available for every show.

5. Re: Broadway Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42