We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel with a nice pool in the Time Square area that we can walk around to all the sites for a 2 day trip to New York? There will be five of us and we are looking for a say 3 1/2 star to 4 star price? Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

As LMV points out, some of the best views of Manhattan are from outside Manhattan in Queens or Jersey City. But I also think if the idea is to see NYC on a tight budget, worrying about hotels with pools and views is not the way to do it. You're better off concentrating on finding an affordable place to sleep in a convenient location and spending your time worrying about seeing the sights. There are plenty of places you can visit (and will likely want to anyway) like Top of the Rock, for views.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Times Square a thriving, overcrowded, gathering of humanity; a cacophony of sounds, smells, trash and attitudes..........sometimes called the center of NYC........not so

My point - noisy, crowded, loud, dirty - but it should be referred by its proper name TIMES Square, thanks a bunch.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Ok Poppa, Times Square. But being from the US of A and living in Canada now and traveling with Canadians, smell or no smell, trash or whatever else you referred to, it is a place that some people would like to experience, so if you can help us thanks, if not, please don't make the experience your view.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

bestis - thanks for your comment - the FORUM is open to all and I will comment as I see fit........varsthay?

And I never said do not visit/see/experience the area, just refer to it with its proper name TIMES Square...............

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

How many rooms do you want? How many beds in each room? Trying to fit five in one room would be a huge challenge at any star rating for $250, so am assuming that is not the plan.

Times Square is crazily overpriced for what it is. If you would go a few subway stops away you will get a much better quality of hotel for your budget. A four star with one bed will easily cost more than $300 a night. Rooms with two beds, or two beds and a sofa bed, are way more pricey than that.

Long Island City seems to give great value for money, whilst being a short subway ride to midtown.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

I know it is a bit away but millenium Hilton overlooking ground zero has a pool and 259 a night. room mate grace also but rooms small.

I was very struck on booking a hotel for our 12 night stay however after lots of help on here from many of the regulars having fixed ideas about a pool really really narrows your search. We eventually booked else where and if we really want to take our daughter swimming you can pay a fee and access the pool at crowne plaza at times square.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

I have no idea about pools but you can see here a list of hotels that are overlooking Time Square

http://www.bookaview.com/Time%20Square.html

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Hi! the manhattan at times square has a pool, got a good price too

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

Antonio

Ive noticed you have mentioned that website a couple of times - have you any connection to it as it only launched last month?

It is also strange it refers to "Time Square" - never heard of that in NYC.

20. Re: Hotel with a pool near Time Square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:15