We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Wknd Itinerary

Jock in Jocko
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Suggested Wknd Itinerary

Hi folks,

I'll be in NYC with wife and 2 kids in 2 wks Fri-Mon.

I've been many times on business, but never as a tourist.

Here's my first draft - would appreciate any comments - I'm concerned that some might be over-ambitious, others might not take much time at all.

Thanks,

Heeb

Fri

11.30 Touchdown

2pm leave Hotel

Grand Central

Modells

Times Square

Toys R Us

Eat Somwhere TSq

Top of the Rock

Sat

Statue of Liberty

Ellis Island

Ground Zero Mem

Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Promenade

Guggenheim

Greenwich Village Meal

Sun

Central Park

Apple Store

FAO Schwartz

Nat History

Spiderman Show

Mon

Empire State

Intrepid?

17:45 Flight LGA

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,820 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

The Guggenheim is an outlier on Sat. Look at a map

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

You don't mention the kids' ages, but Saturday looks very ambitious. The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island will take up the day. On Sunday, you could take the Highlights tour at the Nat. History Museum, which will take about an hour, and that will help you cover a lot of territory. You can always drop out once you reach the dinosaurs if that section appeals to the kids. Have a great trip!

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

Hi. My only comment is that your kids may like Ripley's Believe or Not or the M&M store. If your kids are teens or tweens, you may want to have some shopping time too.

Jock in Jocko
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

Think the Statue of Liberty itself is closed just now, would that and Ellis Island really soak up that amount of time?

Guggeheim - yep, saw where it was, but wanted to split up the museums. Was planning on Metro journey.

Kids are 11 & 13.

Thanks for the comments!

Heeb

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

Ellis Island: I don't know where you're staying, but let's say it's midtown. You'll have the travel time coming and going, the travel time to Ellis Island and back, and spending time on the island itself. You should block at least four to five hours total.

I'd talk to the family, and vote on what everyone really wants to do. If you run out of time, or steam, at least you'll get the favorite things done.

6. Re: Suggested Wknd Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:41