We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dim Sum Question

Springfield, Mo
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dim Sum Question

I'm leaning toward Hop Shing. It's cheaper than Nam Wah and seems to be just as good based on reviews. You agree? Any better and or cheaper Dum Sum Restaurant in china town you love?

Springfield, Mo
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dim Sum Question

Oh I need to have a restaurant that does Dim Sum in the evening!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,097 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dim Sum Question

Interesting concept, Dim Sum is served late morning into the afternoon, I'd be interested (and maybe surprised) if any place serves it in the evening.

Springfield, Mo
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dim Sum Question

There is one-I think it is called the Nom Wah Tea Parlor...

Springfield, Mo
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dim Sum Question

Dim Sum Go Go

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dim Sum Question

Chinatown Brasserie isn't a tradtional dim sum place but is considered to have very good dim sum. There serve some for dinner

menupages.com/restaurants/…menu

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,926 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dim Sum Question

According to the Wall Street Journal (today), Jing Fong is the place in New York.

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dim Sum Question

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Evenings???

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,267 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dim Sum Question

Dim sum is a breakfast for Chinese and is served until early afternoon in most places. Any place that would have it at night isnt authentic, but the Chinatown Brasserie place Whiz mentioned might. Or the Dim Sum Go Go place (I've never been to either - there are so many "real" places to go)

you can always get dumplings at any number of places all day/night, but the dim sum service with the big variety isnt typically done at night.

Jin Fong is OK if you like eating cold food. The place is so huge the carts never get to you before the food gets cold. The Chinese regulars go up to the carts with their cards instead of waiting....

I like Golden Unicorn and Sunshine 27. But, Ive just heard about a new one to try - and there is supposedly a great one in the East Broadway Mall. All of these are authentic places that serve from their regular menus at night.

suitcaseready.com

9. Re: Dim Sum Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:17