We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

New Orleans
Level Contributor
217 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

What Century 21 location is the best???? Trying to decide between Downtown or Lincoln Square???

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

The newer one at Lincoln Square is not as big but a lot saner and more organized. Any discount shopping is hit or miss though. I'm still not a C21 fan. I prefer Loehmann's.

teesside
Level Contributor
287 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

the 1 near ground zero is better but not as tidy!! be prepared to have to look through stuff to get bargains! i got a guess bag that was 4150 in guess shop but paid $65 in century 21. another tip- go for opening time!!! or its gets busy!!!!!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

There is a huge one in Bay Ridge Brooklyn too, but like NYWhiz I am not a fan of the store.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

I am a bargain-hunter, so I prefer the one in lower Manhattan, across from the WTC site. It has the biggest slection and most turnover, so new stuff arrives all the time, and prices get lowered quickly to move inventory out. But, there are constant crazy crowds (mostly tourists), and as a result, it gets very messy and the staff are often exasperated. Don't go if you are thin-skinned.

The 86th Street location in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn is similar.

The new locations at Lincoln Center and Rego Park are much more serene, much less crowded. No one is ever there! As a result, the inventory stays much the same all the time, and not a lot of "clearance" racks. But, you'll never see a missing button, torn label or snagged knit.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

You have to know your prices. I bought sheets in C21 downtown and thought I got a good price, til i saw them cheaper on sale in Macys.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

The lower Manhattan store is far better than the others. I have never found anything worthwhile at the other locations.

New York
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

Depends on what you need. The uptown store doesn't have bedding and towels (didn't go in to see for myself I just asked salesperson by the door). In fact, the selection downtown is getting pretty thin, so maybe they're going to phase this out. Dunno. For clothes, I second Loehmann's.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
299 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

Lincoln Square's location is smaller with less choice....but far less crowded!

Downtown, the store is huge....but there are plenty of people...especially tourists because the store is mentioned in Tourist Guide.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

I only went to the downtown location, but I usually find a few things, especially shoes and accessories.

Like everyone else said, make sure to get there early. When I'm in New York, I usually try to get there for the opening on friday morning. Which is around 8 am.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Century 21 - What Location is the Best?

I also want to mention that the downtown location is best for kids' clothes, men's clothes, small leather goods, luggage/suitcases and NYC souvenirs.