We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

madonna concert - tickets

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
madonna concert - tickets

hi!

Each time we come to the USA we have tried to see an event/ concert. I have used a agency which obviously sells tickets at a higher rate but always have amazing tickets even for sold out events. (so please no neg comments as i am aware of some peoples feelings regarding these..i am from Aust so for o/s travel they make my life easier sometimes!) There is one in manhattan that i have used before just a short walk from times square but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. Would anyone out there know of one around this area?

thanks in advance!

jo

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: madonna concert - tickets

If Ticketmaster is sold out then "Stub Hub" is the most commonly used alternative.

You can also get to Philadelpha and Boston (cheaply) via Bolt Bus or Mega Bus, and I notice there are dates for both of those cities around the same time, still on sale directly from Ticket master-

http://www.madonna.com/tour/

I would chose Philly first as it is a shorter jaunt.

Good Luck & Have fun!

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: madonna concert - tickets

Whoa- I just saw that there is a second NYC (Yankee stadium) date that is still open for ticket sales on the direct sites North American tour dates-

I would try that first.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 18:50
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: madonna concert - tickets

Thankyou! i will check out all options...obviously if i can get direct its better but i have ti be mindful of my daughter and better seats for her so thats where the agencies come in. Thanks again!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: madonna concert - tickets

Have you tried the suggestions you've gotten here before you decided they wouldn't yield seats as good as you think you can get from the agency whose name and location you can't remember? StubHub has many, many, many floor seats available for the Yankee Stadium shows.

stubhub.com/madonna-tickets/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: madonna concert - tickets

Sorry brooklyn brdge you may have misunderstood me...i basically meant i am open to whatever place can offer me better seats due to my daughter. Definetely open to all options, whatever they may be. I appreciate any and all help offered. It has been a few years hence forgetting the agency name i have used before and when researching again for our 2012 trip 3 different states of the USA from the other side of the world it can get overwhelming and confusing...no rudeness intended by my previous answer...

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: madonna concert - tickets

Jo & BB-

You both are talking about the same thing- stub hub has a pick up location at 40th and Broadway. This is most likely what Jo used. As it is the most common alternative when shows are sold out (and Jo knows [judging from his OP] people do have opinions about them buying up all the tickets).

http://www.stubhub.com/pick-up-locations/

You should compare and contrast-seats and prices on both sites. Sometimes stub hub gets huge group discounts and their mark up is not that bad in comparison to individual ticket prices (I've even got better seats at times for almost the same price)- but for some events the mark up is too- tooooo much so if you can get it direct- you should do it.

Hope you enjoy the show!

Edited: 18 March 2012, 15:05
7. Re: madonna concert - tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:16