We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Empire State Building

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Empire State Building

Just your opinion......is it worth the extra expense to pay to view from the top deck?

England
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Empire State Building

If you are going up, why not go all the way, you might only get the chance to do it once.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Empire State Building

we went up at 9 in the morning then onto the observertry it was amazing well worth the visit

if possible go up when its a clear day the views are amazing

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,422 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Empire State Building

Most people say no, it's not worth the price differential to do the top deck as opposed to the 86th Floor.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,699 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Empire State Building

Doesn't make much difference at all to the view you're going to get

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Empire State Building

Note that the 102nd floor is not really a deck at all, but is simply a cramped room with closed windows. It is definitely not worth a penny more.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 19:53
Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Empire State Building

I have to agree with GWB, cramped space and the view is hindered by the glass. I couldn't take photos from the very top, only from the 86th.

The scary lift ride up to the top was definitely an experience... I'd stick with the standard ticket.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Empire State Building

Thanks to all for your responses. I'll just purchase a regular ticket and spend the money on something else.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Empire State Building

Thanks everyone for your posts - extremely helpful - we'll be there this time next week and your insight is invaluable.

Vada

9. Re: Empire State Building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:40