We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Six Flags NJ

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Six Flags NJ

hello

i'm hoping to go from nyc to six flags nj at some point between april 5-12. i understand there is a shuttle bus but that doesn't operate until later in the year.

can anyone help with any public transport routes that will be available during my time there?

thanks

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

I was going to say are they open that early in the year, but yes they open on the 5th.

The easiest way would be to hire car, that's what we did. From a rental across the river in New Jersey.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

No other option that I know other than doing what emmaxoxo did, rent a car. It's about 90 min once you're outside NYC and well marked, not hard to get to find at all

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

i found this on the njtransit website

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0308.pdf

am i reading it correctly that the only services are in the morning?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
414 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

The Bold print are PM (after noon) the un-bold are AM.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

It would be so much easier to go across the river on the PATH train and pick up a car from Avis at the Pavonia / Newport Center Mall or from National in Jersey City. Drive.

6. Re: Getting to Six Flags NJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:16