We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going in Feb 2013...

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Going in Feb 2013...

Looking to book for my sons surprise 18th, bit worried, want to make sure im not in a dodgy area?...some one suggested hotel Metro, Midtown? also, i didnt thin it would be so expensive for 3 nights! quotes are around £1300...is this reasonable?...if i book on expedia its cheaper but obviously no transfers....is it expensive for a taxi?.......help! any advice is gladly appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,056 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,158 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

And whoever told you not to take the "tube" at night had either not been to New York or was having a joke with you. Probably the same person who advised the "Mildew" Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

I would recommend Hotel MELA or Hotel CASSA - both well located and reasonable for 4*. Not many facilities (ie restaurants - but don't need them in NYC).

Re transfers - these are regulated from the airports (assuming you use Yellow taxi') - current is $45 + tips and tolls so $55 is enough

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Mela
Hotel Mela
4,356 Reviews
New York City, NY
london,
Level Contributor
125 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

Dawn can you adopt me pls? i want a mum who would send me to ny for a birthday. hope he has a great time

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

as from October the charge from the airport will be in the region of $70 all in, Personally I would do the train!

New York City
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

"Dont take tube at night though, we were advised that.'

Maybe the problem is during the winter months there is much more homeless people on the city. They are trying to stay warm too. So I could see tourists afraid of homeless people and being afraid to take the subway because they do not want to see homeless people.

Also it not called tube but subway.

broughty ferry
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

I'm going in feb too 12th to 16th booked through Thomas cook staying at The Hotel @ Times Square flights and accom £785 each .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

Hiya go to Thomas Cook in Liverpool I have booked for the 13th Feb till 20th Feb 2013 for £699.00. Seen it again this week for March it was £599.00 worth a look

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

Hey

Im looking to surprise my husband for his 40th next february 2013, same week too, was a little worried about the weather, delays on flights etc as we will only be going for a week

Lorraine :) Hope you have a great time

Mentioned in this post
Lorraine
Lorraine
Grand Est, France
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,089 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

lolly ... this thread is old

Are you looking for hotel advice? If yes, start your own topic, be sure to include your exact dates, number of people, number of beds needed (if 2 people, is one bed ok, or do you need 2?) and your preferred budget per night in US $ before adding approx 16% tax.

Doing that will get you the most help.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Going in Feb 2013...

ok thankyou i will :)