We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

Coming in early October with the wife for four nights.Currently looking at this hotel because of its price and location.I appreciate the hit and miss nature of the reviews this hotel gets.It seems to be under going renovations, will these be all finished by October?At this stage I'm considering booking it through a site that charges no cancellation fees.That way if something better crops up in the meantime I can still go for that, whilst at the same time, if not, then at least I have somewhere boxed off.Good plan or no?Or would people suggest some other hotel where we'd be doing better for ourselves for a similar price to the Milford?Any advice appreciated

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

No one can help you or offer options without exact dates and the price you're getting per night at the Milford. Personally I wouldn't stay there regardless, but everyone has a differentbstandard of acceptability.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

Sorry, the four nights are October 4-8th and I'm seeing it for €850 including taxes.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

Elsewhere.

Really.

Elsewhere.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

And since we don't use foreign currency, you might try again with that price in dollars (although even without the translation, I'm with Mel about staying somewhere besides the Milford Plaza.)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

The Holiday Inn 6th Ave is on Hotwire as a 3* mystery hotel in Chelsea-Madison Square Garden for 830 euros including tax.

There is also a 4* hotel in the same area that could either be the New Yorker Ramada Plaza or the Doubletree Chelsea for 915 euros including tax.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,528 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

How about the Candlewood Suites on W39th forget the Milford.

teesside
Level Contributor
287 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

hiya i stayed at the milford plaza on my 2st trip to ny in 2004. so this was prior to renovations. i would of stayed there again in 2010 but this was closed. the rooms were very small as were the bathrooms but this is to be expected in ny. the location for the hotel was great- literally around the corner from tsq. our room was at the rear of the hotel and we had view of some of the tsq lights. service was good at hotel. security always near lifts to check passes before allowing you through. the saftey deposit box was at reception area which was ok. gift shop was ok as was the adjoining bar(cant remember name). my 2nd trip was staying at travel inn on 42nd street. futher to walk- basic hotel but much larger rooms! depends how fussy you are. as yr only sleeping in the room and out for most of the day- is it really worth payiong a lot for it. the travel inn was very clean tidy, staff were helpful and ollies chinese near it was the best!!! im coming to ny again in nov but this time staying at the edison(just because i got good deal ). looking forward to this aw well. hope u get sorted.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

So I've gone on kayak.com and looked up the price in euros of the Mildew Plaza. It's 190E/night although your price suggests you found it for 180e/night. Regardless of one's feelings about this hotel (it's got a really bad reputation among locals) this is NO bargain. Even if the renovation is fabulous, the walls are thin so you hear noise and many of the rooms and bathrooms are really small. $240-250/night plus tax is not a good price for it.

For 195e/night, the Four Points Chelsea is great. The Milburn hotel is 194e/night and includes continental breakfast. The Element is 193e/night and very good. The Eastgate Tower is 191e and rooms are large with kitchens. The Hampton Inn Chelsea is nicer for 191e and includes free cont. breakfast. The Mulberry Hotel in Chinatown is very good, modern and clean and includes continental breakfast and is 187/night on booking.com

PS it's very early to be booking for next Oct.

9. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel or elsewhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 10:19