We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying make up in NY

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Buying make up in NY

I know this might sound a bit stupid but I was down the MAC cosmetics store at Times Sq. the other day, and I asked one of the ladies there if it was cheaper to buy make up at any MAC shops or the MAC shop at EWR airport. She told me it was the same, but I'm not really convinced. Anyone know if its cheaper to buy at the airport?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,069 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying make up in NY

I assume the MAC shop at the airport is duty free? You'll save on the taxes, but I have no idea of the price is increased to account for the lack of tax.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying make up in NY

The better brands' prices are usually fixed. I've always found that things are NOT cheaper at airport.

and you want to be sure to buy from authorized sellers to be sure you are getting a genuine product.

new york
Level Contributor
301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying make up in NY

get a discount shopping at sephora instead. 15% off promo code going around

4. Re: Buying make up in NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:41