We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sell me on war horse

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Sell me on war horse

Hi all.

Might be able to talk family into War Horse. This is a play? Drama?

Thank you, m

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sell me on war horse

whiz recommends it - good enough for me!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sell me on war horse

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=5&geo=60763&scope=2&q=war+horse&returnTo=__2F__

Edited: 04 April 2012, 21:40
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sell me on war horse

It's gotten very good reviews www.didhelikeit.com/shows/war-horse.html and very positive word of mouth

The movie of the same name is based on this play. I have not seen either but the most common thing people remark upon is the puppetry - the hourses are full sized puppets. Here's a video from the original London production http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bni4QqSv4

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sell me on war horse

If you don't even know that it is a play --- I would say you are not theater people and if you don't enjoy the theater then you will not like this--- It is indeed an intense drama about an event that happened in World War 1-- that's all

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sell me on war horse

Is it the same story a movie was made about last year?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,983 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sell me on war horse

For those who have seen it...would you recommend sitting further back to get the full effect? Right now the ticket site keeps wanting to give me first or second row seats.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sell me on war horse

Alrighty that one does not sound like a match. Looks similar to Lion King?

How about Wicked? There are still tickets for $325 each. Would we laugh? Boys enjoyed Monty Python's Play.

Time is running out! Will be there in 48 hours. I know if I don't have anything planned for Sat night we'll sit in the hotel room and watch pay per view!

Thank you, m

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sell me on war horse

Okay. Forget Wicked. Had to get the smelling salts for hubby when I told him the cost. SIGH, m

California, USA
Level Contributor
458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sell me on war horse

If it's you and three guys then Wicked probably isn't the right way to go either. How old are your kids? If they're young enough, maybe Newsies? I might suggest Spiderman or Book of Mormon (if the language isn't offensive to you), but I don't think you can get tickets.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,152 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sell me on war horse

I was really surprised to see how much Wicked tickets cost! We went back in October, got tickets for the same day, Orchestra seats and paid far, far less than $325 for 2 tickets.

I just took a look at a seating chart for Wicked, checking this coming Saturday and saw that Orchestra tickets were going from $164 to over $1000!

Have you checked any of the discount ticket booking sites to see what might be available? Perhaps other posters would be able to better help you---that is if you really want to see Wicked.

Edit to add that I saw these prices on Wicked's official website.

Edited: 05 April 2012, 01:52