We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

We are going to be in NY May 8-14..staying in an apartment on W 37th close to Penn Station. We will want to get a few necessary items from a grocery supermarket. Are there any with in walking distance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c147344/New-Yo…

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

thanks nywhiz

The site you have me is one for advise on not renting apts. The one we have rented is thru a very good friend so we are not worried about scams. Just wanted to know about supermarkets close by.

Since you sent this link is there something that I should be aware of for that property address? We will be on the corner of W37th and 12th.

Edited: 07 April 2012, 13:49
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

I hate to tell you but there isn't ANYTHING on 37th st. & 12th ave. except the back of the Javits Center if you look on a map. If there were, it would be an awful location. I think you've been scammed. Have you already prepaid? Have you looked on a map? What good friend did this to you? And whether it's a good friend or not, it's still likely ILLEGAL.

http://g.co/maps/n9fv5

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

OMG...my mistake, I had just written down an adress that was for peir 38..on 42nd and 12th...I had 12th on my brain still...the adress is on 37th W and 9th...

Thanks for bringing me to my senses...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

There are still no legal apartment rentals at that location for under 30 days.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

Why not ask your very good friend this question??

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

I don't want to sound ungrateful for your advise and knowing your a destination expert with much knowlege, BUT...lol... We are staying at Hudson Crossing Apts at 400 W 37th at 9th. I wish I would have asked my friend about supermarkets, but unfortunatly the are vacationing in Greece right now and I am not able to contact them.

So hence I have been left to use the wonderful people on trip advisor for their advice and knowledge.

I suppose if I try a bit harder I can just do a goodle for markets close to this address.

Cheers

Lors

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

I think the goodle idea is a goodle one. Not sure why that wasn't a first choice

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

lol.....gooogle!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: supermarkets close to West 37th off 12th

My opinion is: its not legal to rent in that building under 30 days. Sounds like someone is renting their apartment to you. And that building also has active violations for elevator(s).

One of the most recent complaints for the building is about illegal hotel rooms in residential buildings and they specifically mention: APT'S #5E,8E,8L& 15H OCCUPIED TRANSIENTLY.

…nyc.gov/bisweb/OverviewForComplaintServlet…