We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

sf
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

Any suggestions where to go for hair blow dry ? Will be staying at W hotel..123 Washington street. I am attending a wedding and really need help.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

Have no personal knowledge of this place but it's a 10 min walk.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/2b-salon-new-york

You might phone or email the hotel concierge and ask who they recommend.

sf
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

Thank you very much !

Ireland
Level Contributor
151 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

http://thedrybar.com/locations/

There are 2 of these salons in Manhattan one in the Parker Meridan Hotel, Mid town and one in the Flatiron (which would be closest to you) - i know it is not within walking distance but the blow drys at this place are amazing and only $35 which is good value. Get the subway there and a taxi back??? If it is too far away for you email the hotel and ask them for recommendation...

Good luck

sf
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

Thanks ! I called the hotel and gave two salons for suggestions. Blow dry with tip is almost $200.00 !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

DryBars are opening up all over the city. Depending when youre coming there could be one downtown.

the other well known place - Blow - is on West 14th. You could jump on the E train and be downtown pretty quickly.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

Were the places the hotel gave you nearby? There are not a lot of hair places in that area.

The closest is probably Vince Smith Hair Experience across West Street: 300 Rector Place at South End Ave. It's about 4 blocks from the W and a neighborhood kind of place. There is also a place in the World Financial Center: Joseph Cione (the actual address is 200 Liberty St but no one will know where that is--look for the Au Bon Pain at street level and it's on the second floor).

josephcione.com‎

The only other one I can think of is Daniella Hair Salon at 28 John Street, which is a little on the lower-end side than the first two. I've never used any of these.

My regular place is Tortola Salon at 25 Erikson Place, which is about a 25 minute walk or a short cab ride from the W.

I hope this helps--there are probably reviews of all of them online and you can call for prices.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

chinatown is kind of walkable or at least quick by subway. there's lots of salons that will do a blow-out for no more than $45-50. some ideas--cutting edge salon, fashion hair mode,

8. Re: Blow-dry / walking distance from W hotel downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:41