We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day vist

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4 day vist

My daughter and I will be arriving in New York 20th April from the UK for 4 days and are really excited.We are staying in Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown.

We would like to do The Bronx, 9/11,ESB,S of L,TOTR, Central Park, Rockerfella centre,NBC,Museum of Modern Art, Times Square and of course a day of shopping.

Would it be best for us to get a New York Pass and how do we ensure that we do not go over the same ground twice. Your boroughs are very confusing to us..

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank You

Jackie

Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
Grand Central Market
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Saks Fifth Avenue
Department Stores,
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,635 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day vist

Where are you staying? "Brooklyn Bridge Chinatown" is not a neighborhood.

Have you read the FAQ on the right hand side of your screen about the passes? Most people do not feel they're worth the money.

As for being confused, everything you list is in Manhattan except the Bronx, which is its own borough. (What do you want to see in The Bronx?) So there's no need to be confused by the boroughs. Just look at a map and group your sites by geography. For example, the 9/11 memorial is near the Statue of Liberty ferry.

Edited: 08 April 2012, 11:53
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day vist

Sorry we are staying in Manhattan Bridge Chinatown. Chrystie Street.

Are all the places we want to go within walking distance or would we have to hail a cab for example to get to Cicle Line ferry andStatten Island ferry. They seem an awful long way away on the map.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day vist

Manhattan Bridge is not the name of a hotel--- we are just trying to make sure you are not being scammed--- what is the exact name of the place you are staying--- get hailing a cab out of your mind--- your first mode of transportation in this city is the subway.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,635 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day vist

You won't be able to walk to anything - you'll have to take the subway. (Not a cab.) Where EXACTLY are you staying?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day vist

We are staying in the Comfort Inn, Chrystie Street,Manhattan Bridge, Chinatown NY . That is the address on our invoice.

We can try the subway, the worst thing that can happen is we end up where we did not intend to be but hey, this is our big adventure we will just take another train and see if we can figure out where we went wrong!!!!

Thank you for your posts, we thought that we would be able to walk everywhere,

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,542 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 day vist

That's a great location. You will be able to do a lot of walking and touring on foot. I stayed very near there with my Mom and sister. Don't miss Pastrami on Rye at Katz's deli!

You can't walk to "everything" because "everything" is just too spread out. That's true wherever you stay!

UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 day vist

Hi jackie, we will be inNYC from 21-27 April. You will need to use the subway...a lot to visit the places that you mention. It is a bit confusing , but can be done quire easily .Have a look at the top questions particulary GWB re subway. If you get lost people are generally very helpful at helping out. I would recommend doing a lot o fresearch this week to familiarise yourself with areas and places you want to be.

Personally I would not buy the New York Pass, I dont thinik its neccessary and can be expensive in the long run.

Have a great time...take your time you wont see everything and will want to come back!

S

8. Re: 4 day vist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:41