We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

On list so far:

Katz Deli (classic)

Franny's (Park Slope)

Italian?

Sushi?

Thanks, folks.

xo

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

What's your definition of mid-range? I wouldn't put Franny's on a list of the best anything, really. Where did that come from?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

"Best" and "mid-range" are both subjective, but...here goes:

John's (for pizza):

www.johnspizzerianyc.com

Bamonte's (for Italian food)

32 Withers Street (Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Hi TeamBeehive, welcome to the forum.

The NYC forum has thousands of threads, and many of them on your type of question. "Best of" questions for a giant city for NYC are too broad, as you can imagine. Phrases like "mid range" are too subjective and mean different things across the US, and across the globe.

We strongly recommend that you read the "How to use the Forum" sticky at the top of this forum first to help you get the answers you need.

In NYC, we don't like wasting time, and volunteers on this forum do not enjoy spending 17 posts going back and forth getting to the heart of a question. We need more information from you, such as exact price range, how many people, any kids in your group, etc.

Many who ask this sort of "best of" question usually respond that they want to see what locals like. Honestly, locals and tourists often prefer completely different things. I think we go to Katz's once a year as a ritual, but honestly, my wife is the best cook I know!

To help us help you: (1) read the "how to use" page, (2) search the forum by typing phrases like "best sushi" or "best pizza" in the search box. You can sort by date. (3) use Google.com or www.yelp.com/nyc

If you can't find what you want, let us know.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 22:15
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

This thread is one such thread. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4502473…

Syracuse, New York
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

I would definitely skip Katz deli which has in my opinion gone way downhill and is living off its old reputation. I think a much better Kosher deli is Second Avenue Deli (on East 33rd Street between 3rd Avenue and Lexington).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Crispo's Italian in Chelsea

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Another vote for 2nd Avenue Deli. They also have a location at 1st Avenue and 75th Street:

www.2ndavedeli.com

Edited: 10 April 2012, 01:08
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

For Italian try the $39 usd 3 course lunch pre set at Del Posto (it is fine dining at a mid level price)-

www.delposto.com/menu.cfm?restaurantid=1&id=4

For Sushi Sharaku is a great deal for a fresh Sushi lunch with a decent view in the village-

http://www.nycgo.com/venues/sharaku

Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Did not like Katz Deli, food OK,but not the atmosphere!!!One of those things that my sisters and I did to say we were there but will never go back.

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best mid-range food in NY - Go!

Did not like Katz Deli, food OK,but not the atmosphere!!!One of those things that my sisters and I did to say we were there but will never go back.