We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about How to Succeed in Business finishing in July?

We are travelling to New York in October, and would really like to see this production if it is still running.

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

While it's an open-ended run, Nick Jonas' time finishes at the start of July.

Perhaps they don't want to market and sell tickets until they find another person to play J. Pierrepont Finch.

It's a fun show. I enjoyed it.

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Thanks Mex 3000. :)

I have noticed some positive feedback on "Nice Work If You Can Get It" and so I was seriously considering this too.

Wanted to get really good tickets to whatever we see (it will be my husband's first Broadway show), and while I would love to see HTSIB, I don't want to leave my run too late waiting, and then not be able to get good tickets to something else if it ends in July.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Rumor is that Darren Criss (from Glee) will be coming back to headline after Jonas. They probably don't want to miss out on that marketing opportunity by selling tickets before they confirm a name. The announcement should be coming by the end of the month.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 08:55
NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Ejolly, sounds like you have an inside scoop! I love Glee, so will definitely wait a few weeks.

Thanks!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Bad news, Angie.

The show is finishing up on Broadway on May 20.

See playbill.com/news/article/165754-How-to-Succ…

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Thanks so much for letting me know! Now I will have to start looking for an alternative.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

Oh I am so disappointed. I had booked a ticket for June 11th. I first saw How to Succeed as a young teenager in 1963 at the O'Keefe Centre in Toronto. It was the National Tour. I was then in a student production in 1967 at the University of Toronto. I was so looking forward to seeing the show on Broadway.

Instead of seeing 12 shows during my 2 week visit (yes I'm a bit of a fanatic!), it will now only be 11!

BTW, I booked the ticket online through Telechage. I have just given their customer service a call and they have refunded in full to my Visa card.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

>> Instead of seeing 12 shows during my 2 week visit (yes I'm a bit of a fanatic!), it will now only be 11! <<

Lucky you! Sounds like a fab visit to me.

A pity about How to Succeed but there is plenty of time to find a replacement show.

Let us know what you thought of the shows you end up seeing. I am heading back in late August and haven't made any firm decisions about theatre shows yet.

9. Re: Will How To Succeed in Business finish in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:18