We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week in NYC then a trip to LA

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
a week in NYC then a trip to LA

Hi there,

I intend to spend a week in NYC and then go to LA by plane. Are there air companies such as EasyJet, RyanAir, where I can purchase tickets at affordable prices? How long does it take to cross the country?

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,605 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a week in NYC then a trip to LA

YES! Jet Blue (jetblue.com) They fly from JFK to Long Beach (near LA) or San Diego (2hrs. south of LA and fabulously beautiful)

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island
Jersey Shore, NJ
San Diego
San Diego
California
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,605 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a week in NYC then a trip to LA

5-6 hrs flight but they're 3 hrs. behind us so it's 2 hrs to go there but 8 hrs. to me back ;)

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a week in NYC then a trip to LA

Don't jet blue fly to burbank? i've never used them but i thought they flew jfk - burbank ? maybe they fly into both burbank & long beach ...

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a week in NYC then a trip to LA

Jet Blue departs only from Kennedy for it's LA area flights and goes to Burbank, Long Beach and Ontario, CA. You can do it for as little as $179 one way on Jet Blue and the non-stop flight takes approximately 6 hours.

Long Beach airport is a joy, small and very easy to get through and out of - you can rent a car there and take the freeway 405 North to freeway 10 and go either to Santa Monica or to downtown LA.

Mentioned in this post
Long Beach Island
Long Beach Island
Jersey Shore, NJ