We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Is everyone in NYC this nice?

On our mini-vacay last week, we were horrified to learn that my wife, who rareley makes a mistake (seriously) had booked 2 Broadway shows for the wrong dates! I figured we were screwed, especially since we had nooked the tickets through a second party. The concierge at Ritz-Carlton was unablr to get us any help, but he suggested we go to the box offices and plead our case, which I believed was a wastte of time.

Wrong me! She explained her mistake at the the August Wilson and Neil Simon Theaters and they took care of us! Especially impressive since we had premium tickets. They cheerfully changed our Jersey Boys and Jesus Christ Superstar tickets for the correct nights and we were in. Great customer service. They could easily have said, "so sorry, nothing we can do" but they went out of tehir way and saved our mini-vacation. Just another reason to love NYC!

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

So glad it all worked out well....nice to have another reason to love NYC!!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

the customer service in NUC is second to none - as you found out!

Glad you got a great resolution!

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Even better they had availability for the nights you wanted.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

I mean NYC not NUC! lol

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Yes, we are all that nice....except for those who aren't.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,024 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Great report glad everything worked out i love NY.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Wow! I would have thought that to be a lost cause as well. Nice!!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
837 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

That's great. I'm sure you nearly died when you realised the error.

I had a similar situation last year. I got stuck in Yonkers (at my friends) due to the freak snow storm in October last year and we couldn't get into the City for our Saturday night performance of Wicked. Like you, I thought it was a lost cause. I rang them when we got back (we had attempted to drive and didn't get very far) and explained the situation. They told me to call back first thing on Monday morning and they'd get us in for a performance on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I called, first thing and got through to a very helpful person. They sorted us out for a Tuesday night performance. We actually ended up getting slightly better tickets too (same price, but just a better position) - I must say I was very impressed with how it was all handled. But, look at what that achieved, You and I are both singing their praises now and that kind of good PR is so worth it! Bad service providers, take note!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

Personally, I try to be nice to everyone - tourists included. But if you step into the Bike Lane on the Brooklyn Bridge you will certainly hear words from me that do not fall into the "nice"category. Words like **%&^%)*& or even &$*^%*.

One thing about NYC, is that while we are helpful, we are also unusually truthful and direct. We do not beat around the bush and do not sugar coat things for you. Some people consider this to be rude - we consider it normal.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is everyone in NYC this nice?

I think the fact that you had premium tickets was a help in this case. They were more likely to have premium tix unsold than regular priced ones. Did you like the shows?