We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too Much In One Day?

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Too Much In One Day?

Trying to get a feel for the place and distances - is this too much walking in one day?

Waldorf - Chrysler - Grand Central -Empire State Building (not going up) -Flatiron - Washing Sq Arch - Friends Apt on Grove St ?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Too Much In One Day?

It's only about three miles total. For me, that wouldn't be too much. Only you know whether it's too much for you.

maps.google.com is great for plotting walking directions and calculating distances.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
265 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too Much In One Day?

That sounds fine to me but then we walk a lot on holiday. We started at the Intrepid museum, walked through Times Square, then up to TOTR before heading to Chrysler, Grand Central, library, then down to ESB etc. Another day we started in Soho then headed to East Village, then up to Union Square.

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too Much In One Day?

Thanks thats a good idea.

Was also looking at East River Ferry from Wall Street to Brooklyn and was wondering how busy it is at the weekends or would it be easier to get on if we waited to the Monday outwith rush hour? Also, do you get a view of Statute of Liberty on this ferry like you can from the Staten Ferry?

One final question, if you dont mind, son fancies seeing yankee stadium even just from outside - is it safe during the day when there is no game on to travel and walk around there? And does the subway stay above ground for the journey I think I read it did?

4. Re: Too Much In One Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:42