We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

Hi, I'm on a jury an expect to be at Centre St. for the next week. Anybody have any good restaurant suggestions? What would you order?

Pam

New York, NY
Level Contributor
612 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

If you like vegetarian Cantonese and dim sum, try Buddha Bodai, about a 5-7 minute walk from many of the courts at 5 Mott Street.

If you want non-vegetarian, there are plenty of choices in nearby Chinatown.

If you're actually deliberating, I heard a rumor that NY state courts will no longer order lunch for the jurors, FYI. No idea about federal court.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

once when i went in for jury duty, they had pamphlets for walking tours and dining options for jurors. not sure if they still distribute those. otherwise chinatown is quick and cheap. nha trang for vietnamese on centre/walker. there's several $1 dumplings spots like 106 mosco.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

Na Trang on Lafayette street was recommended by triply and I would second this recco as well. Right up the block is the Excellent Dumping House - famous for divey decor, abrupt service and great dumplings. In the other direction head to Pita Express on Ann Street for some great falafel. If you walk down Broadway to Zuccotti park there are always lots of food trucks where you can choose from several options and eat in the park.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

When I was on jury duty in January they had the pamphlets.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

No pamphlets. ; (

But thanks everyone. I had a great lunch at Na Trang. I forgot to mention, that I have a sore knee and am walking with a crutch so close was really nice. And after an intense morning in court I needed some good food!

Pam

6. Re: Restaurants near court houses on Centre St.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:43