We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Katz's Deli Question

Oxford
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Another Katz's Deli Question

I have another question regarding Katz's Deli. It's mt husbands 50th next year and I plan a holiday of a life time for him. One of the places he would love to go to is Katz's Deli in NY however I need to know how far it is from the main Airport as I need to plan the trrio ie hotels near. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated (sarcastic answers welcome too ha ha)

1. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2012, 08:36
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

reported - solicitation!

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

It's in manhattan not near either of the airports you would fly into from the uk

England
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

It is on East Houston, google it for maps and more information. There is no real need to stay in that particular area (unless that is your desire), as access to most places in and around NYC, is made easy by the the transport system.

Also there is more than one airport, you would probably be arriving at JFK or Newark (if travelling from the UK), but if your plans are to stay in Manhattan, airport destination will make little or no difference.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 09:28
Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

It is lower Manhattan, accessible by public transport, taxi, etc.......not near the airports - never fear, with the transport system in NYC nothing is that distant that it can't be reached comfortably using the system.

Poppa

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

>>One of the places he would love to go to is Katz's Deli in NY however I need to know how far it is from the main Airport as I need to plan the trrio ie hotels near. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated (sarcastic answers <<

Do you plan to spend ANY time in New York besides going to Katz's?

If yes, you don't want to choose your hotel based on ONE restaurant. If you get a hotel in Manhattan or one just outside with subway or train access to Manhattan then you are good.

Choose your hotel based on budget, the style and amenities that meet your needs.

Happy Planning!!!

elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

Hi hansojm. I'm not sure I understand this sentence ...

"I need to know how far it is from the main Airport as I need to plan the trrio ie hotels near."

Does this mean you plan to stay near the airport, or you want to stay near Katz's?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

regardless of where you stay, try to get to katz's before the tour buses unload their passengers. your wait will be a lot shorter. on the weekends you'll definitely want to get there before 11:30. weekdays may not be as hectic but definitely try not to avoid prime mealtimes. and make sure everyone in your party holds onto their ticket!

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,939 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

The important thing about Katz's is to go to Il Laboratorio del Gelato next door for dessert

10. Re: Another Katz's Deli Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:18