We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in New York - please help!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
107 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in New York - please help!

We are taking a girls trip to New York over memorial day weekend. We have a general idea of what we want to do but need help planning a route so we can maximize our time.

We are staying at the Kimberly Hotel in Midtown.

5/24: Arrive at night

5/25: Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty (pre-bought tickets). What sights should we see in the afternoon and evening - maybe WTC, Saint Pauls, Wall street, dinner in Little Italy? Tickets for Broadway show in the evening at 8pm

5/26: Explore Midtown - Grand Central Station, Rockafeller Center, Top of the Rock, Fifth Avenue, Century 21? Picnic in Central Park,

Evening cruise around the island (hotel yacht or circle line)

5/27: Explore neighborhoods. Brooklyn Bridge.

5/28: open, we leave that evening at 5pm.

Must See's:

The Met

ESB or Top of the Rock

Central Park

Grand Central

Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty

Broadway show

shopping

Little Italy

Any help would be much appreciated!

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in New York - please help!

Why is Little Italy a must-see for you? It's mostly an extension of Chinatown filled with mediocre "red sauce" tourist restaurants.

Simsbury...
Level Contributor
46 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in New York - please help!

Just a couple of suggestions. Central park is adjacent to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the Met), so you could easily combine these. As you probably know, the Met is massive, so you may want to research it online or get a brochure when you arrive so you can choose a few areas to visit. There isn't really much to see if terms of Wall Street itself, other than the large bull - this is worth trying to see. Some people like to touch a certain part of the bull (I'll leave this to your imagination) for good luck. If you're in the area, you may want to walk down (or up) Broadway and see the ticker tape parade plaques (www.jamesrobertwatson.com/tickerplaque.html). I wouldn't make a special trip for this, but if you're in the area anyway, it's worth noticing. The WTC site is very moving and very well done. You need to book free timed and dated tickets in advance. http://www.911memorial.org/visit

I don't know if the 9/11 WTC museum is open yet but it looks interesting and well done from the outside. The security for the WTC site is similar to airport security, however the line can easily take an hour despite everyone having timed tickets. There are many more things on which to comment, but I will defer to my fellow Trip Advisors for that.

Edited: 04 May 2012, 04:19
New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in New York - please help!

the ferry to governor's island starts running on 5/26. it's kinda fun to go there and hang out. there's bikes and picnic-ing. the schedule is not up yet but it past years it ran fri/sat/sun. http://www.govisland.com/html/home/home.shtml

4. Re: 4 days in New York - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17