We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Subway Line(s)

Blackshear
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Subway Line(s)

OK, you all have always been more than helpful and I appreciate it more than you will know. We are returning to NYC in November and staying at the Holiday Inn Express, 126 Waters Street. Can anyone tell me where the closest subway station is to take us uptown to the Helen Hayes Theater?

Next, have already seen major sites, including Statue of Liberty, Staten Island Ferry, Rockefeller Center, St Patricks, Times Square, Empire State, WTC, Central Park, Met Opera and all of Lincoln Center, museums, NBC. Radio City, Madison Sq, NYU, Phantom of the Opera,

Any recommendations. Will be here for 3 days and running the marathon Sunday.

Lastly, Ate at La Houpa, Angolo Piccolo and 26 Seats at recommendation of locals last time. Have dined at River Cafe also. Any recommendations of off the beaten path, non-tourist type, places to eat, especially Italian, French and American?

Thanks for your time. If you are ever in Georgia I will return the favor. Rob

Alabama
Level Contributor
959 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Subway Line(s)

Blackshear, GA....isn't that near Hazlehurst? I know folks in Hazlehurst and think I've heard them talk about Blackshear.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Subway Line(s)

hopstop.com is great for planning transit.

other sites: cloisters, highline...you'll see a lot more of the city running the marathon than most ny'ers see, i think!

vinegar hill house in brooklyn for american. barberini alimentari on front st in seaport for italian.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Subway Line(s)

First of all, note that it is Water Street, not Waters Street -- and yes, a little thing like that can make a difference. The hotel is between Wall and Pine Streets, and as you walk up Wall Street you hit a variety of subway stations. The first one that you will come to is at Wall and William, and that is the station of the 2 and 3 trains. Take either one uptown to Times Square.

One of my favorite non-red-sauce Italian restaurants that is definitely off the beaten path is Queen, on Court Street in Brooklyn between Livingston and Schermerhorn. Take the 2 or 3 to Borough Hall in Brooklyn and walk from there.

4. Re: Closest Subway Line(s)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41