We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Sad Day for New York

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
A Sad Day for New York

pitchfork.com/news/…

Watch this:

dailymotion.com/video/xzbjr_beastie-boys-no-…

then this:

http://bit.ly/16UW7U

and you will have done the coolest two things you'll do all week.

1. Re: A Sad Day for New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2012, 19:35
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,952 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Sad Day for New York

Very sad :(. We saw the Beastie Boys play at Summer Stage a few years ago and they were amazing - so fun and energetic, and so excited to be playing in Central Park. A wonderful memory.

(Spammie - I was in the Maldives last Christmas and they played some Beastie Boys on our liveaboard, so they're not unheard of even there!)

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
113,159 Reviews
New York City, NY
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A Sad Day for New York

And a sad day for BB fans all over the world.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Sad Day for New York

For me the sadness comes as a die-hard Yankee fan. Mariano Rivera is the greatest relief pitcher in the history of baseball. He is also a man of infinite class and quality. Yesterday, he was shagging balls in the outfield when he tore his ACL and his meniscus. It would appear that he is done for the year. In addition, the 42 year old has hinted at retiring after the season. I may have seen Mariano pitch for the last time. [Tears]

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Sad Day for New York

Terribly sad. Cancer is a terrible thing, even more shocking when someone so young dies. I loved the BB.

BrooklynMel what is "shagging balls"? I am sure it is not as rude as it sounds.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Sad Day for New York

It is catching ball during batting practice.

Edited: 04 May 2012, 19:27
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Sad Day for New York

I feel sad for the family who lost 7 people in the Bronx zoo crash last weekend. Was reading in the news that the authorities have known about this stretch of road being a problem for a long time but renovation work isn't due for years yet. Hope this tragedy forces quicker results.

Mentioned in this post
Bronx Zoo
Bronx Zoo
2,616 Reviews
Bronx, NY
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,456 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Sad Day for New York

Thanks Aerules.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Sad Day for New York

I am sorry when anyone dies. As perhaps implied, it's particularly sad when low-paid, non-famous decedents leave family members with no savings and resources. But driving 70 MPH (NY Times article) on a two-lane, curvy 1945 "Parkway" (posted 55) is not responsible behavior. And the bigger the SUV, the more inadequate the divider. Is that the "nanny" government's fault?

10. Re: A Sad Day for New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2012, 02:05
Edited: 05 May 2012, 02:05