We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Someone asked a few days ago what are your favorite things to do in NY. First thing that popped to my head was eating in Brooklyn. Especially, Williamsburg lately, my new favorite food court.

A friend sent me this best of brooklyn list. Normally I dont put much weight into such lists but this looks different. I havent been to most of them but as far as the ones I did visit I cant argue against. Even one of my faves Elia is surprisingly in there

restaurantsinyc.com/20-best-restaurants-in-b…

Which places you think dont belong and which do you think do belong or should be added

Edited: 05 May 2012, 00:37
NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Coney Island Nathan's hot dog?

http://nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/

CH

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

No Pizza, no hot dogs, and no knishes allowed ;)

One place thats not included which I forgot about is only the best one of all, Chefs Table at the Brooklyn Fare which is probably in a different class

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Had a great dinner last August at Cafe Moutarde with Mel !! The food was very good and the cafe has such a great French feel to it, except for the lack of cigarette smoke you find in restaurants in France(!). There is really great food in Brooklyn! I hope you have a really good time there.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Which is it....

A. This is almost not a travel related discussion since visitors never bother to visit brooklyn anyway

B. Brooklyn natives arent willing to share their faves out of fear from tourists flooding those places or worst Staten Islanders.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Been to about half of them, some more than once. But the problem with this list is that they all appear to be high end places. And yes, "best" often comes with pricy, but there are so many other places that would be on my list. No, they may not be the best - but I like them:

Pho - a Viet restaurant of Avenue U. Great soups and great Asian food. Last time I was there, we were one of the few tables of Westerners.

La Villa - Love it because it is my local go to place. Great pizza, amazing pasta and wonderful salads. Although al di la is on the list, and on my corner, I normally head to La Villa.

Ox Cart on Newkirk Ave. - A disclaimer as Eric, the chef, is a friend. But sometimes you need a great burger and their Alamo Burger - with the fried egg on top is amazing.

Mojito on Washington Ave. Love the ropa viejo and the mojito salad. Their tres leches desert is always a cure for my sweet tooth. And their bread is as addictive as crack.

Home Made - a tiny lithe restaurant in Red Hook with a chef who cooks with love. Nothing fancy in appearance, but the flavors all sort of work. My son calls it "The Top Chef Place."

Speaking of Top Chef - Talde is Dale Taldes new place in Park Slope. AND, he is taking over the Aunt Suzies place down my block and opening a place called Pork Slope. Im waiting.

And lets not over look great pizza on seemingly any corner. Nathans hot dogs. Russian food at Cafe Glechick. Indian sweets on Coney island Avenue. Donuts from DOUGH at the Brooklyn Flea. I can just keep on going.

In short, the best are the best, but the rest are pretty damn good as well.

California
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Thanks for sharing this list and the added comments Mel. Last time we came to NY, we loved what we found staying in Brooklyn, so we are coming back. Seeing so many places like this makes me wish I had so much more vacation time available!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
40 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Speaking of good eats in Brooklyn, does anyone know a place with wonderful Mofongo? I went to Puerto Rico last year and had some authentic mofongo. Ever since then I have been tirelessly searching for it. I'm in MD and we have no Puerto Rican restaurants :(

I will be visiting New York, specifically Brooklyn, on May 20th through May 21st this year.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Three of our favorite restaurants in Brooklyn happen to be Italian and they are:

Colandrea's New Corners on 8th Avenue & 72nd Street in Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights - this is our "go to" restaurant when we are out and not sure what we want. We have never had a bad meal here and it is reasonably priced too.

L&B (Not the pizza place, but the Italian restaurant associated with it) on 86th Street and about 28th Avenue in Bensonhurst

Garguilo's Italian on W. 18th Street in Coney Island

A favorite hamburger place is Skinflints Bar and Restaurant in Bay Ridge on the corner of 79th Street and 5th Avenue.

Enjoy

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

Frost, Destefano's Steakhouse, Bamonte's

10. Re: Best Restaurants in Brooklyn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:17