We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

England
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

Hi

Looking for some advice

As a fan of all things Steak I plan to visit Peter Lugers for lunch during my trip in August.

I'm looking for ideas of places to visit / combine with this visit.

I thought about taking the subway over to Brooklyn , and then ???

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

Lunch? Hmm.. well I was going to suggest to walk up Bedford Avenue, and head to one of the many bars in Williamsburg, but most don't open til 5pm, thanks to the hipster lifestyle. There are still a few worth visiting, and you've got the East River State Park in Williamsburg too, which gives you some stunning views of Manhattan.

There are plenty of shops too on the main drag from Lugers to Bedford Ave on the L train. From there you can head back into Manhattan, though I'd encourage you to do an early dinner at Lugers, and then hit some bars, and enjoy a laid back vibe that Williamsburg has to offer.

M

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

When most people think of Williamsburg, they think of the vibrant North Side. Lugars is on the South Side where there is somewhat less to do. What I would suggest is to walk off your steaks heading to Bedford Ave on the North Side. It would be about a 10 minute walk - and it is safe to do.

On the North Side - there would be a plethora of bars to imbibe at - stores to shop at etc. And, after dark tiny Grand Ferry Park at the foot of Grand Street and the water has some of the best views of Manhattan that I know of. Sit on a bench and watch the ferries and tug boats gliding by.

And yes, M4RK and I are a veteran of "several" of these WBurg bars.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

Will this be a weekday or weekend? If you go on a Sunday, check out the Brooklyn Flea which is on North 6th along the East River Waterfront. As Mark mentions, you'll have a great view of Manhattan. There is also a ferry that runs along the east river that you can take back to the city instead of the train. It's of course a longer ride but let's you enjoy the scenery on the way plus it will be more refreshing on a hot August day than the L train! You can take it Southbound from North 6th or there's a stop just a few blocks from Luger's. From there you'll stop in DUMBO at Pier 1 of the new Brooklyn Bridge Park and then Pier 11/Wall Street. If you're heading back to mid-town, take the Northbound ferry which stops in Greenpoint, LIC and then 34th Street.

Plenty of bars are open along Bedford in the afternoon if you want to stop for a drink(s) after lunch.

England
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

thanks for all the replies

Cheers

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,236 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

"And, after dark tiny Grand Ferry Park at the foot of Grand Street and the water has some of the best views of Manhattan that I know of"

Yes - we were there last week after dinner at Aurora (very good). Nice sunset as well

6. Re: Things to combine with a trip to Peter Lugers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:40