We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

Fredonia, New York
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

Will be in NYC next month arriving in Penn Station. I will be staying in the Financial Diistrict. . What trains would I take to get down to the Bowling Green Station ? I believe Bowling Green is the closet staion to my hotel.

Also, I plan on catching a Yankee game , I believe I can catch the 4 train at Bowling Green and take that all the way up to Yankee Stadium. True ?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

From penn take the 1 subway to South ferry. Very near bowling green and yes the 4 subway train will get u to Yankee stadium

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

If you provide the name and address of the hotel, someone can confirm if Bowling Green is indeed the closest station.

www.hopstop.com is a great resource for directions in NYC.

Fredonia, New York
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

I'm staying at the Doubletree Hotel Hilton at 8 Stone Street... Thanks.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

That does give you another option. You can walk from Penn Station to the 34th Street/Herald Square station and take the Downtown R to Whitehall St. The Whitehall St. station is about the same distance from your hotel as Bowling Green - perhaps slightly closer.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,170 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

I'll point out that the "closest station" isn't always the one you want. Sometimes the station that's a block further away, but is on a direct line from where you're starting, is the better choice. You'll have a lot of options for very close subway stations at that hotel - don't get stuck thinking that you have to get to Bowling Green to get back, or that you have to travel from Bowling Green to go somewhere.

Fredonia, New York
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

Thanks to all of you...you have been a huge help.

I usually stay midtown when I'm in the City but this is the first time in the Financial District...thanks again for your help.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

The closest station is not Bowling Green; it is Whitehall Street on the R, which has on Stone Street at the corner of Whitehall Street. As South Ferry on the #1 and Whitehall Street on the R are now all part of the same connected station complex, and as you can take the # 1 train directly from Pennsylvania Station, the best train to take from Penn Station in my opinion is the #1.

Mentioned in this post
Pennsylvania Station
Pennsylvania Station
1,316 Reviews
New York City, NY
8. Re: Trains from Penn Station to Bowling Green Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:42